Best 6K MSLA Printers 2023: High Precision and Efficiency for Your Printing Needs
Resin printer is a good choice for achieving complex 3D printing and are capable of printing models with extremely precise details. With the advancement of technology, people have unlocked more new possibilities for 3D printing, and more and more people use high-precision desktop resin printers, which are very popular among beginners and professional enthusiasts.
Resin printers are usually divided into three types: SLA, MSLA, and DLP. At present, the most user-friendly is the MSLA printer, which has both precision an efficiency, with 2K-8K or even higher resolution options. As a consumer-grade resin printer, MSLA printers can meet 3D printing needs in most cases, are the most common printers on the market. Knowing what is MSLA printer, its features and advantages, which will help you choose a resin printer that suits you.
What is an MSLA Printer
MSLA technology, also known as Masked Stereolithography, is one of the 3D printing technologies. In terms of development, it combines both SLA and DLP technologies. MSLA is the latest to appear, but it becomes one of the most commonly used technologies in the desktop 3D printing market. In common with other resin printers, MSLA printing also uses UV light sources to cure the liquid resin.
SLA printers use lasers that require point-by-point model building. While MSLA uses an LCD screen and a digital mask that displays a digital image of each layer of the 3D model. UV light sources selectively pass through the screen to cure the resin, and then completes the model layer by layer. MSLA 3D printers, which can produce high-resolution prints, are ideal for creating detailed, intricate models. It can be used to restore characters, architectural models, assist product design, prototype production, and often involves applications in the fields of jewelry and dentistry.
Pros and Cons of MSLA Printer
FDM, MSLA, SLS or other 3D printing technologies use different materials to build models, and they have their own characteristics. These types of printers have their own advantages and disadvantages that determine which practical applications it is more suitable for, and you can choose a printer according to your needs. The pros and cons of MSLA are also listed below.
Pros of MSLA Printer:
- Compared to FDM printers, MSLA printers are more suitable for high-precision model printing, with both accuracy and complexity.
- MSLA printers with higher resolution have no visible layer lines, it can print smoother model surfaces.
- Faster printing speeds. Because MSLA completes curing layer by layer, it is faster than the point-by-point laser movement of SLA printers.
- It is more efficient and can print multiple models at the same time. Compared with FDM and SLA printers, MSLA exposes an entire surface at a time, allowing multiple models to be printed at the same time on the build platform. The printing time is related to the number of layers.
- Moderately priced. MSLA printers are cheaper than SLA and DLP printers, and are very friendly to novices.
Cons of MSLA Printer:
- Print size: Compared to FDM printers, MSLA printing is mainly for small and medium-sized models
- High machine maintenance cost: LCD screen has a limited service life, is a consumable product
- Post processing: After printing the MSLA model, the liquid resin on the surface of the model needs to be cleaned and cured, which requires exposure to high concentrations of ethanol. Unreasonable post-processing will affect the quality of the model.
- High requirements for operation and environment: Like other resin printers, MSLA uses resin as printing material. It is best not to directly contact the skin with resin, and it will emit harmful gas, requiring a ventilated printing environment.
Best 6K MSLA Printer: The Option for High Precision and Efficiency
The most attractive feature of the Anycubic Photon Mono X 6K is that it is an MSLA printer that combines large size and high resolution model printing. The maximum print size reaches 9.6 x 7.8 x 4.8 in. / 245 x 197 x 122 mm (HWD), which can meet the needs of printing large-scale models, leaving more space and freedom, and can also print multiple models at a time, efficient production. In terms of printing accuracy, the Anycubic Photon Mono X 6K printer has a screen resolution of 5,760 x 3,600 pixels, enabling clear and vivid details for more reproduction of models. In order to better protect the screen, the machine is equipped with a replaceable anti-scratch film, which will effectively reduce unnecessary damage to the screen and make it more durable. The overall design of the printer is in a user-friendly perspective, and the affordable price makes Anycubic stand out in the MSLA printer market, very popular among 3D printing enthusiasts.